“Safe City” is a large-scale project, the purpose of which is to ensure the safety of the city’s residents with the help of soft hardware and organizational measures.
The “Safe City” system is aimed at providing security at the following sites:
Installation of video cameras with Xeoma within the framework of the “Safe City” project will help solve the following tasks:
Xeoma runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, Linux ARM, Android + mobile clients for Android and iPhone. You can monitor from anywhere in the world in real time, access through a web browser from any device.
Xeoma video analytics includes such functions as license plate recognition, face detector, detector of abandoned objects, visitors counter, search in the archive of video recordings by the date and time, and many others.
There are additional modules available for Xeoma Standard and Xeoma Pro licenses, such as “Face recognition (artificial intelligence)”, “Objects recognizer”, “Face ID”, “Search by photo”, “Emotions recognition”, “Smart card reader” and more.
More information in this article: Additional modules in Xeoma.
Installation of video cameras with Xeoma within the framework of the “Secure Yard” project helps reduce the risk of car theft, vandalism acts, property damage, attempt on somebody’s life. The “Secure Yard” system provides the additional passive protection: when the criminal notices video cameras on the walls of the house, he most often refuses the idea of committing illegal acts.
Helping the police
These buttonhole cameras, embedded into an officer’s gear, that can be used to record video evidence and monitor police officers’ work.
Such videos can be stored locally on SD-card or remotely on a centralized server. Police department can review image from body-worn cameras in real time to make sure that everything is going fine.
Not only are videos taken during missions fail-proof evidence in case of incidents, but also videos from peaceful patrols can be later used for automated search for missing people (with the Face Recognition module) or vehicles (with the ANPR module).
The same goes for van surveillance when cameras are not worn by officers but installed in law enforcement vehicles. Such cameras are also great for background collection of video feeds for later search for missing vehicles or people. Or, live notifications can be used, too, when the sought-for object person or object is detected.
Besides, “Text Recognition” module can be used for reading the surroundings, for example, for graffiti and ads that have prohibited words like ‘drugs’.
City cameras, installed in poles around the city, are not just for checking the weather. They are equally good for pro-active monitoring for incidents and post-incident investigation. For example, these modules can be used:
• Xeoma’s “ANPR” module (license plate recognition) can detect stolen cars, recognize license plates of the cars that violated the law or simply track all license plates.
• “Sound Events Detector” can be useful for detecting shooting or screaming on the street and notify police department immediately.
• Intellectual module “Face detector (Emotions)” can be used to detect negative emotions (anger, fear, etc.) in public places and notify police to possibly prevent a crime.
• The “Slip and Fall” module can be used to detect if someone’s fallen in the camera view, and dispatch an ambulance or at least a nearby patrol to check on the fallen person.
• “Face Recognition” module can be used for recognizing faces and finding missing people or catch criminals.
• New! Xeoma has modules that can be used for aiding in compliance with anti-COVID safety measures.
Mask Detector that can detect people who neglect the safety regulation of having medical mask on in a public place, and notify a security or police officer.
• The Crowd Detector module can detect if people are gathered in a group larger than allowed.
• Besides, its new Social distance feature can detect if people are standing too close to each other.
• The “Color recognition” module can be used to detect a person with fever, for example, at a railway station entrance.
• Speaking of airports, railway and bus stations, another Xeoma’s intellectual feature – Detection of Abandoned Objects – can be used there as an effective counter terrorism measure that can automatically detect a suspicious unattended piece of luggage or bag despite a flow of people.
|Xeoma’s AI-based module “Object Recognition” can be trained to detect a certain type of an object (not any object as in the Detector of Abandoned Objects). Please contact us if you’d like to request such paid development for certain types of objects for your needs.
Safe city: Road safety
Various Xeoma’s solution can be used to automatize detection of road safety rules violation.
• Illegal parking: new “Parking Spot” module will notify of change in the selected spot’s status (empty / occupied).
• “Vehicle Speed Detector” (mathematical or hardware methods) will detect if a vehicle is violating the established speed limit regulations. It can be used in combination with ANPR modules and automated fining systems.
• Besides, the Modbus controllers module can be used for synchronization with the traffic lights device and detect if a vehicle doesn’t stop at the red traffic light.
|Do you have your own neural networks module that you’d like to use in Xeoma? Xeoma’s module “My Detector” is a matrix for that. Give it a try or request paid development of this feature for you from us!
If you install Xeoma, you will be able to provide continuous control over the safety of communal property, parking lots, children’s playgrounds, keep an entrance hall and staircase clean and tidy.
Xeoma is a faithful assistant in ensuring security of the most diverse structures of entire cities.
Also watch our video about Safe City:
September, 5 2017, updated December, 12 2020
Video surveillance installation in the horticultural society
Residential complex: video surveillance installation
Choosing the right operating system for your video surveillance