← Back to the Purchase Conditions page
Questions about purchase
|This page is currently under construction. Please contact our free customer care service with any questions about purchase.|
If you have questions about purchase, you can get answers here!
1. Q: I want to pay via a mastercard. The system said I cannot complete that transaction.
A: You must be trying to pay with a business PayPal account. Please try to pay with a personal PayPal account or use the myCommerce option (it accepts PayPal payments from both personal and business accounts) instead.
2. Q: Do licenses combine?
A: Yes. Xeoma licenses can be combined (Standard, Pro, renewals). The only exception is Xeoma Lite – it can’t be combined with Standard, Pro licenses or renewals, only with other Lite licenses (can’t exceed 4 sources in total).
Subscriptions (Repeater, Cloud) can be added to any type of the licenses.
3. Q: I’ve paid for a license/subscription. When will I receive it?
A: Delivery time depends on the payment method. For credit card payments, the license/subscription is dispatched to your email within a couple of minutes, max. an hour, and also shown on-screen. With money bank transfer, it usually takes 1-3 business days (for money yet has to arrive at recipient’s account).
4. Q: My PayPal email is not the one I’d like to get my license to. What should I do?
A: Letters with licenses are sent automatically to the PayPal email. If you don’t have access to that email, please contact our support with the details about your payment and emails.
5. Q: I don’t quite understand the difference between the products/modes of Xeoma. For example, why should I buy Xeoma Standard if Lite is cheaper, etc.?
A: Xeoma has a number of modes so you can get what you need without paying for what you don’t. It’s easy to get confused. This comparison must help.
6. Q: How many licenses do I need if I want to view my cameras remotely?
A: Just one for the server: if all cameras will be connected to 1 computer, you need to activate there a license for as many sources (cameras). Client parts (the ones for remote connections) don’t require licensing.
Q: Can I buy now and activate the license at a later time, in half a year, for example?
Xeoma licenses are for lifetime so in that respect, yes, you can delay activation. But, you should remember, that the countdown of free updates period starts when the license is purchased and can run out even if the license wasn’t activated.
See more purchase conditions here.
Q: I would like to buy Xeoma for my company. And I need a invoice. Can just pay over PayPal?
Sure, you can purchase through PayPal if the selected item offers this option. Please note that when you buy through PayPal and if you need any documents about the purchase (invoice, etc.), you will need to request the documents from PayPal, not from us.
More on purchase and documents conditions
7. Q: I can see several options in each product – with 1, 2 or 3 years of updates. What’s that?
A: Depending on the package, licenses for Xeoma Standard and Xeoma Pro come with 1 year free updates period, during which you can update your Xeoma to new versions. After this period expires you will not be able to update Xeoma to newer versions unless you get renewal for your license or licenses. Licenses themselves don’t expire so you can continue using Xeoma of the latest version your licenses allow for. See more in this article about updates and renewals.
8. Q: Renewals: Can I buy renewal for just 1 camera to get another year of free updates for my 32 cameras license?
A: No. If you buy renewal for just 1 camera, you will be able to use only 1 camera after the free updates period for your 32 cameras license expires. If you need to use 32 cameras, you need 32-cameras renewal.
9: Q: What about technical support? Do I only get it after I buy a license or subscription? Does tech support expire?‘
A: We take pride in helping both our existing and potential customers free of charge. That’s why you can always get advice and help, even if you don’t have a license or a subscription yet. Tech support is available via email, phone, skype and online chat. See contacts. Also, if you need paid development of features you need urgently, contact us and ask for a quote.
10. Q: I need Xeoma license for Mac OS X. Where do I get it?
A: After purchase, you will get your license in the form of serial number (25-digits license key). It can be activated on any of the supported OS – Mac, Linux, Windows or Android. See list here.
11. Q: Can I make an image of my video surveillance system and use it on another device?
A: In most cases, it will be more complicated than establish video surveillance on another device manually. You can import settings (see here how) but you will need one more license if the 1st “old” system is still working.
12. Q: My computer where my video surveillance was died. Does it mean that I lost my license(s) used there, too?
A: No, you can restore information about your license here. Before activation on a new server, you will need to reset licenses here.
13. Q: Can we change registration email? We are resellers and need to re-register licenses to our client’s email
A: Sure, use the Change registration data page to do it.
14. Q: I paid and didn’t get the license to my email, although I do get other letters from FelenaSoft. What should I do?
A: First of all, please check the Spam folder of your email box. Due to a large amount of license letters we send some Spam filters can’t properly proccess them. If the letter isn’t there, make sure that your payment was successful and that the money was withdrawn from your account. If it was, please contact our tech support – we will be happy to help.
15. Q: Why don’t you have a license for unlimited number of sources? Other software we’re looking at does.
A: We love our clients, and don’t try to trick them. Unlimited licenses are usually offered when the producer knows you are limited by something else: network capacity, processor load, or other. For example, one of other software offers the unlimited license while they know that regular servers can’t process more than 7 cameras with their software smoothly.
16. Q: I have a Cloud subscription. When it was time for a monthly charge, there wasn’t enough money in my PayPal account, and the subscription wasn’t paid. Now I replenished my account. What should I do?
Paypal will retry to charge your account in 5 days. By this time your Xeoma Cloud account might already be deactivated. To speed up Paypal, find the Cloud subscription in your PayPal subscriptions and initiate the payment manually. If it isn’t possible for some reasons, cancel your Cloud subscription in PayPal, and request a new one on our Buy Page: https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/buy/#cloud
17. Additional modules: Can I purchase only additional module’s license and use Xeoma? Do I need usual license of Xeoma to work with additional module’s license?
Yes, you’ll need activated Xeoma Pro or Xeoma Standard license to activate additional module’s license. Also, license of additional module doesn’t increase total amount of cameras that you have according to your Xeoma Standard/Xeoma Pro license.
18. Additional modules: Can I purchase additional module and us it in Free version of Xeoma?
No, Free version doesn’t work with Additional modules, as well as Xeoma Lite. You need activated Xeoma Standard or Xeoma Pro license to activate additional module’s license.
19. Additional modules: Why additional modules are not included in Pro version?
Modules that are based on artificial intelligence and deep machine learning require a lot of resources in the development. A relatively small number of Xeoma users need to use them constantly. We decided not to include them in any of the license types, so as not to make people pay for what they do not use or use very rarely. And sell them separately.
20. Q: What is included in the license price?
The licenses include 1 year of updates – during this time you can download new versions of Xeoma. When that period ends, you can either keep using the last available version of Xeoma for as long as you wish (licenses are life-time) or purchase renewal licenses (they are considerably cheaper than full licenses). Technical support is free before and after the purchase. You can find more information about features of different types of licenses here.
21. Q: 21. Can I pay with a check?
Yes, sure, there are multiple ways to purchase Xeoma licenses safely and easily. All of them are listed here.
You can purchase Xeoma licenses with a check via MyCommerce.
22. Q: Can I buy licenses from various companies?
Yes, sure, the company you are buying from doesn’t affect the licenses.
23. Q: Can I cancel my subscription to Xeoma Cloud or to rent of Xeoma Standard / Xeoma Pro license?
Of course. You are free to cancel your auto-renewal subscription in PayPal in this way:
Please note that money for the unused time of the subscription / rent time is not returned.
24. Q: We’re from EU. When we purchase through MyCommerce,MyCommerce charges sales tax. As a reseller, we are tax exempt. Is there a way to have the tax removed?
The tax is not applied on our end, but rather on the platform itself, so you may want to direct this question at MyCommerce’s support. If you have offices in other places you might want to change your country to one outside EU/UK, or use another payment option (for example, we recommend to pay with bank transfer for large purchase amounts.