Conversion of video files into MJPEG
Sometimes you need to convert an mp4 video to MJPEG, for example to use with Xeoma’s File Reading module. Unfortunately, many online coverter into MJPEG are fake or make the file invalid. But luckily, with these steps, you can get a genuine uncorrupted MJPEG file.
1. Go to Xeoma folder on your computer (or if rebranding is used, find a folder with this new name).
2. In it, go to the Additional subfolder.
3. Find the ffmpeg executable file there. It can have numbers in the name but it should be .exe.
4. Drag the ffmpeg file to a command line (CMD). If you do not know what command line is or how to work with it, google it.
5. Without pressing Enter, add a space and the -i text and a space after the -i.
6. After the -i and the space, drag the video that you want to convert to the same command line.
7. Type a space after the path tothe file and type in after it -an -b:v 2000K -f fsmjpeg NEWvideoANPR.mjpeg
All together it will look like this:
ffmpeg_213_180827.exe -i C:\Users\a\Desktop\video.mp4 -an -b:v 2000K -f fsmjpeg NEWvideoANPR.mjpeg
Press ENTER and the conversion should begin. After the console is done the conversion, search your system for the NEWvideoANPR.mjpeg file. It will be in genuine MJPEG format and can be used for example in Xeoma’s File Reading module.