History of changes in Xeoma versions
Attention! With version 17.6.23 we discontinue support for outdated operating systems like Windows XP, Vista or lower, and Ubuntu 11.10 or lower, and 32 bit Macs. Please update your operating system if you want to use newer versions of Xeoma.
31 July 2017: New Xeoma 17.7.31:
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added new web interface for admin and users. New Admin page allows administrator to manage Cloud and users, and User page is for users to view their cameras, their records, and run search for cameras – all in browser.
- Added search for cameras through web interface.
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added option to limit how many sub-users your Cloud subscriber is allowed to create.
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added option to check both login and password for authorization (for example, login@password) when default password-only check is not enough secure.
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added option to set up the “FTP Upload” module in configuration files in addition to previously available setup through UI (client connection).
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: optimized log in Xeoma_cloud.log file.
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: fixed the ClientsCountLimit option for limitation of user connections when 0 is set.
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: fixed import and export of settings.
- Xeoma Pro: added option to select detection zone for iANPR library in the “ANPR” module.
- Xeoma Pro: added %FACESCOUNT% macro that allows to send number of faces detected by “Face Detector” to destination modules “HTTP Request Sender”, “Application Runner” and “Send Email”.
- Xeoma Pro: enhanced training and further recognition of faces in “Face Detector”.
- Web Server: added new web interface for web browser view. More features of the client connection are now available in browser including camera search, addition or setup.
- Added failover settings. Now you can have one or several backup servers for automatic switch in case of failure of your main servers. Find that option in Main menu -> Install -> Backup server.
- Added support for CUDA hardware acceleration under Linux. If your graphics card supports the CUDA technology, it might help reduce overall CPU load.
- Universal Camera: added option to buffer the incoming stream. It will aid to smoother real-time view of cameras.
- Multi-server mode: Xeoma will now remember what Pages you had set in Layouts and your last viewed Page, and re-open it next time you connect.
- Device List: added option to toggle/expand all groups and sub-groups.
- Device List: added opportunity to change the Device List’s window size by dragging its ends.
- Camera search: added opportunity to enter several passwords, usernames, and ports for search at the same time.
- HTTP Request Sender: added new mode of work to send commands at certain intervals of time.
- Added opportunity to disable saving of metadata from Motion Detector to the database to reduce its size significantly. Choose this option if you don’t need search by area or visualization of motion objects in the Xeoma’s Archive viewer, and you want smaller database size.
- Enhanced ONVIF search for cameras, including LTV brand.
- Added support for flash (flv) stream from the Maginon IPC camera.
- Fixed issue where big-sized archives would freeze when overwriting was engaged.
- Fixed display of more than 6 cameras in web browser interface.
- Fixed remote access to web interface when 10090 port is forwarded.
- Fixed disappearance of PTZ control at server restarts.
- Fixed frequent deactivation of licenses on virtual machines when Internet access is unstable.
- Fixed activation of 10 or more serial numbers at the same time;
- Fixed search for Novicam DVR AR1108;
- Fixed information on preview from modules ANPR, Object Detector, Face Detector under Linux;
- Fixed high load issue under Linux when the client part is minimized;
- Optimized load from client conncetion;
- Fixed camera names displayed in Multi-server mode.
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added enhanced background monitoring of cloud service process with automatic restarts;
- ANPR: Added support for a newer version of iANPR tool (v.1.5). Among other great enhancements it can now recognize license plates of Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Ukraine and Moldova Republic. Also, it offers possibility to set minimum and maximum size of plates to recognize, which will aid in enhancing successful recognition rate;
- Fixed time in “Marking”, “Scheduler”, “Sending Email” modules: now it will be according to your time zone;
- Fixed the “Can’t rename file” error in archive that was caused by wrong time stamps.
31 March 2017: New Xeoma Beta 17.3.30:
- Reduced processor load when “Preview and Archive” modules are used;
- Reduced processor load when “Scheduler” modules are used;
- Reduced processor load when a license server is used;
- “Sending Email”: fixed wrong sending of messages when there are several filter modules of the same type with different settings in the chain.
9 March 2017: New Xeoma Beta 17.3.1:
- PRO: added new visual web admin page for administrator of Xeoma Pro Your Cloud. All actions that you could do through configuration files are now available through the new interface;
- PRO: added a special feature called “1-click Cloud” for addition of “local” cameras to your Cloud server. Once you have connected “local” cameras to a “local” Xeoma, go to Main menu -> Cloud service. Authorization form will appear for IP address and login for the Cloud server. If done correctly, your cameras will be automatically added on the Cloud server side (by means of HTTP Receiver and HTTP Sender modules);
- PRO: added option to send screenshots to an external module or script in the “ANPR” module;
- PRO: added a new “Cross-line Detection” module. It will detect crossing a line you drew only when the line is crossed in the needed direction. Handy for everywhere where direction matters like checkpoints and retail stores;
- PRO: RTSP Broadcaster module can now emulate ONVIF PTZ. It means you can broadcast an rtsp stream that will respond to PTZ commands;
- PRO: added option to activate license for the ianpr library in the “ANPR” module;
- Added visualization of path direction for preview (Single or Multicamera View). You will see arrows now showing where the detected object has been moving;
- HTTP Marking: added search by ID you used. Find the search box in archive’s menu. Also, with the free rebranding utility you can place a quick-access button for this option in archive icon bar. See more about in Article about HTTP Marking module ;
- Web server interface design enhanced for a better user experience;
- Added support for SSL/TLS certificates for clients on mobile devices. The certificate you use will be downloaded to the mobile device from your Xeoma server;
- Onvif DVR streams are now automatically added as separate cameras;
- Added support for h264 streams transmitted over http;
- Added support for DVR HIKVISION DS-7216HGHI-F;
- Added support for the .m3u8 format of streams;
- Added scrollbar to Device List. If you have a lot of cameras and groups you can now conveniently scroll them up or down;
- Connection dialog now saves combination to the same servers with different ports or under different users;
- Screenshot: when direct saving to the archive is used, screenshot is now saved off the archive stream, not off the preview stream as previously;
- Camera names are now saved also after drag and drop of Device List dialog;
- Added Automatic switch to 24h or 12h format for browser view;
- Added option to disable the “Low fps may ne caused by low network speed to Client” message in preview screen;
- Fixed camera freezes when the “Save To File” module is used;
- Fixed crash in the “Object Detector” module;
- Fixed the current sensitivity level bar in Motion Detector;
- Fixed the issue with low fps in Windows when many cameras are in preview window;
- Fixed cameras freezing when the Unitor module is used;
- Fixed names of files send via the Email Sending module;
- PRO: fixed the monitored zone in the ANPR module.
- PRO: enhanced Xeoma Pro Your Cloud log (added information about connected user and their IP address);
- PRO: fixed redirect in Xeoma Pro Your Cloud. Now user doesn’t see address of the server they are being redirected to;
- Added activation of licenses on virtual machines. Now you can activate licenses on a virtual machine if it has permanent access to the Internet or there is an activation server in the home network;
- Rebranding utility: added commands to hide archive menu’s options “Search by motion”, “Search by license plates”, “License plates log”;
- Added new “Condition” module. This module passes video stream to following modules in the chain if the pre-set logical condition is met;
- Help screen at first launch is enhanced: now you can choose whether to add certain cameras from what Xeoma found, or cancel the search at all;
- Added the Traditional Chinese language;
- Web server: added possibility to add cameras through Xeoma’s web interface in a web browser;
- Web server: added export of archive through Xeoma’s web interface in a web browser;
- Web server: added logout button in Xeoma’s web interface in a web browser;
- Web server: added option to change password for web interface login in a web browser;
- Added limitations in Web interface for users of free and trial version of Xeoma. Now no live view, view of recordings, or change of settings is available for the free version; only one camera can be added and viewed, and no changing of password is available in the trial version;
- Users: added possibility to use individual order of cameras also for administrator on different computers;
- Users: enhanced individual order of cameras option. Now order is saved not just for every user but also set up tabs (division of all cameras into pages);
- Added separate storage of settings for each operating system’s user. It means that if OS’s user changes, autologin into Xeoma will not be possible as Xeoma’s password will not autofilled for the new user;
- Added support for cameras working over the https protocol;
- Xeoma Android app: now still images from the app get stored in the system /screenshots folder;
- Lite: prohibited activation of Lite licenses on virtual machines;
- Added support for the 16-Megapixel camera Aviglion 16L-H4PRO-B(777933);
- Added support for optical zoom in Reolink cameras;
- Fixed issues with wrong image resolution in Screen capture when desktop font enlargement is used under Windows 10;
- Fixed issue with the heat map still being shown on preview after exiting the archive;
- Fixed the issue with checkboxes in USB camera getting reset after settings are closed;
- Fixed the issue with recordings still shown on the timescale in archive viewer even though the camera was off;
- Fixed crash under Linux when archive is being viewed;
- Fixed white/black screen issue on some Android devices, including Xiaomi Red Rice;
- Fixed issue when it was impossible to choose a USB camera from the list in Universal Camera settings if there were more than one USB camera;
- Fixed launching of Xeoma’s ARM versions under ArchLinux;
- Fixed image distortions in archive view;
- Fixed cameras freezing when several Save To File modules are used;
- Fixed bug with HTTP Switcher not working in web browsers when web server is using password protection;
- Fixed bug with HTTP Switcher not working in web browsers for remote access.
- PRO: Added Detector of abandoned objects. It can be used to look for unwanted vehicles, or objects in an area such as for example restricted territory or railway station;
- PRO: Added Smoke Detector. It will help you automatically detect if there’s a fire or smoke in the camera’s field of view;
- PRO: Added heat map. Now you can quickly review where the most of motion occurs (for example, in a shop). See this feature in Archive menu –> Heat map;
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud mode can now be launched from Xeoma UI. Create your own Video Surveillance as a Service system;
- PRO: Added multilayer eMap. Now you can have several maps to put your cameras on, and switch between them in a single click;
- PRO: In the ANPR module you can now use your own third-party utility for license plate recognition, and choose where to store the suggested OpenAlpr utility. Click here to learn about setup;
- Added new type of licenses will help you upgrade your Xeoma Standard licenses to Xeoma Pro licenses;
- Added TLS secure connection between client and server. See instructions in Xeoma folder > Security > Certificate > Readme.txt;
- Added Xeoma version for ARMv8 (64 bit);
- Added setup of cameras’ URLs via Web Server browser page;
- Archive: Added visualization of sound events on the archive timescale. Now you can quickly review all the events detected by Sound Detector;
- Time zones! We added the automatic switch to the daylight saving time and back;
- Added Picture-in-picture to embed a dynamically updating picture from one camera into another’s view box;
- We have added a new option in the Purchase page – now you can buy Xeoma Pro licenses with 3 years of updates already in package;
- Added new partner program: get 7% off purchases made by your customers back in cash! You can notify us about purchases yourself or use the affiliate link to track purchases automatically;
- Improved performance of camera stream decoding under high CPU load;
- Archive: accelerated loading of archive database.
- Added support for PTZ of the Beward BD75-1 cam;
- Added support for 4-lens cameras Arecont Vision AV8185DN and AV20185DN.
- Web server: Fixed bug with duplicating a chain where Web server’s URLs got duplicated as well;
- Web server: fixed bug with Web server’s password being lost after another module is added;
- Android: fixed bug with launch of Xeoma on some tablets or smart phones (including Intel-based ones);
- Android: fixed the 100% CPU load when client is closed via the UI;
- Face Detector: fixed occasional crashes under Linux in Face Detector;
- Fixed the “Can’t copy one or several files” error for installation of the program to a non-default directory;
- FTP upload: fixed transfer of vp8/vp9 files with sound from Xeoma through FTP.
- Xeoma Pro: added license plate recognition (ANPR module) for license plates from Europe, UK, USA, Australia, Singapore, South Korea, Kazakhstan;
- Xeoma Pro: added Face Recognition. You can find this option in Face Detector module settings where you can train Xeoma to recognize a certain person using shots of them from archive or live stream;
- Marking: watermark image now can be flexibly scaled (from 10% to full size of the original) to fit into the camera image in the most convenient way;
- Users: added option to decode video on client or server for each user separately;
- Multi-Server Mode: added possibility to add servers connected through Repeater as well;
- Layouts: added options to stretch or fit camera image into preview boxes and thus get rid of black borders;
- Added the ANPR and Face Detector modules to Mac OS X;
- Added support for PTZ of Tenvis JPT-3815 camera;
- Added support for EasyCap USB dongle device for connection of analog cameras to computer;
- Added retention of selected font size for preview texts after restarts of server;
- Motion Detector: added support for camera switches to the night mode and back, without false alarms;
- Problems Detector: fixed false notification about RAM shortage on Linux;
- Fixed freezing issue when installing Xeoma on Macs that have a USB camera connected;
- Microphone: fixed issues with peripheral microphones occasionally not working on Linux;
- Privacy Masking: fixed wrong zones of masking from detectors;
- Android: fixed crash in Single Camera View mode;
- Android: fixed startup crash on some Android devices;
- Visitors Counter: fixed the Interval of counter resets option to work according to the specified interval;
- Fixed Screen Capture issues in installed Xeoma on Windows;
- Fixed memory leak under Windows;
- Fixed issue with recording stopping after restart (for large archives).
- Fixed bug with rtsp streams when updating to a new version;
- Universal camera: optimized work with stream for direct saving into the archive.
18 May 2016: New Xeoma Beta 16.5.18:
- Added possibility to save backup of settings and restore them at your convenience (see Main menu –> Install –> Restore menu for Export, Import, Save, Reset options);
- PRO: added possibility to export selected extracts from several archives at the same time;
- PRO: added option to select what users the Pop-Up Window module will work for;
- Users: added option to use individual order of cameras in preview for certain users on each computer;
- Fixed occasional freezing of Xeoma when recording archives;
- Fixed occasional failure to launch Xeoma server at computer boot;
- Fixed memory leaks when working with USB camera and microphone (Windows);
- Archive: fixed crash when exporting into the webm format;
- Fixed crash on Raspberry devices when working with microphone;
- Enhanced version of Xeoma for Android.
- Optimized work of Xeoma’s client part on Android;
- Fixed the issue when Xeoma suddenly stopped recording video to archives;
- Sending SMS: fixed sending SMS with the sms.ru option.
29 March 2016: New Xeoma 16.3.29:
- Added client part for ARM processor-based Linuxes;
- Added Face Blur: now you can use the Privacy Masking module to blur objects detected by a preceding filter (like Face Detector) in the chain;
- Added support for RTSP cameras on Xeoma server under Android;
- Marking enhanced: added option to use image overlay (along with previously available date/time, text, or GPS coordinates waterstamp);
- Added possibility to save only audio stream to archive without video stream;
- Added Fullscreen mode for Xeoma on Linux (Layouts menu –> Window settings);
- Enhanced archive settings: now you can see how much space in % is still free and available for Xeoma recordings;
- Enhanced work with cameras – now there will be less freezes when working with large amounts of cameras.
17 March 2016: New Xeoma 16.3.17:
- Added support for RTSP cameras in Xeoma for ARM;
- Archive player: Added support for keyboard arrows. Pressing left/right arrows will move play slider 10 secs backward/forward;
- Archive player: added possibility to stop search in selected areas by exiting the player or clicking on the search progress bar;
- Added support for the Tab keyboard button for quick jump between fields;
- Universal camera: more options added to Group settings section, including preferences for single camera view, archive storage and hardware acceleration;
- Export from the archive: added warning if there is no sufficient free space on the server or the client for export of the selected extract;
- Export from the archive: added warning if there are insufficient rights for export of the selected extract;
- Fixed wrong modules’ name when logged in through LDAP;
- Android: fixed search for motion in selected areas;
- Fixed processor load peaks when email messages were dispatched.
- Added support for FTP streaming from RVI-R16 DVR;
- Added possibility to turn off Xeoma’s automatic camera search if there is “_noscan” in the Xeoma’s executable file’s name;
- Fixed playback of archives when hardware acceleration for CUDA is enabled;
- Fixed issues with zoom when archive playback is paused;
- Fixed occasional hanging of the client part of Xeoma on Mac OS X.
19 February 2016: New Beta Xeoma 16.2.19:
- Added support for remote control of Xeoma on Android TV with a remote control;
- Universal camera: improved usability of the settings window;
- Xeoma Pro: fixed export of an extract from the archive with re-encoding;
- Fixed involuntary reset of settings in case server crashes.
8 February 2016: New Beta Xeoma 16.2.8:
- Improved saving of recordings. Added buffering of data before saving onto disk;
- Sending Email: Added preset configuration for Yandex mail;
- Universal camera: added option to ignore camera’s audio stream if you don’t want to use it;
- Fixed duplicating of keyboard symbols on slow computers.
4 February 2016: New Beta Xeoma 16.2.4:
- Archive: added option to choose 400 GB value in archive’s maximum size setting;
- Enhanced camera diagnostics: when rtsp URL is used for preview, you will get enhanced credentials diagnostics both in preview window and in settings dialog;
- Fixed stuttering of sound in latest versions of the program;
- Fixed crash with archive calendar;
- Android app Xeoma Video Surveillance is now available from Google Play.
26 January 2016: New Beta Xeoma 15.1.26:
- Added possibility to use camera’s zoom independent of camera’s PTZ;
- Fixed zoom mode;
- Fixed bug with live view after installation;
- Fixed bugs with archive in Multiserver mode;
- Fixed bug with the Motion Detector’s option “Detect only absence of movement”;
- Android: Fixed crashes connected to work with camera.
26 January 2016: Fix of connection via Repeater for Xeoma iOS client (v.1.6) is released and already available from the App Store!
30 December 2015: New Xeoma 15.12.30:
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added option to restrict usage of the “Object Detector”, “Face Detector”, “Privacy Masking”, “Fisheye Dewarping” modules (in addition to the previously supported restriction of “Unitor”, “Image Resize”, “Universal Camera”, etc.);
- Added hardware acceleration for NVidia CUDA video graphics card in addition to the previously supported embedded Intel ones (only for Windows). Now, when available, you can turn hardware acceleration on for your NVidia CUDA in the settings of the “Universal camera” module;
- Added PTZ for Geovision sd220 camera;
- Enhanced Web Server work in Firefox and Chrome, now Web Server’s direct MJPG link loads up in these browsers without errors.
21 December 2015: New Xeoma 15.12.21:
- Improved decoding of H264 streams: now it’s done on the client side. It means that processor load of processing H264 (rtsp) streams will be shifted from the server to clients that request to view the stream, thus unloading the server and allowing it to connect to more cameras;
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added option to limit maximum parameters (bitrate and resolution) of H264 streams that subscribers can use;
- Added support for sound in TrendNet TV-121WN camera;
- Usability enhanced: more precise information why archive might not be recorded;
- Universal camera: added option to not use camera’s sound stream if you don’t want to;
- Universal camera: added option to not use camera’s PTZ if you don’t want to or if it doesn’t have it;
- Fixed bug in “Unitor” where both cameras would stop working if one of the cameras froze.
- Enhanced usability: when you turn off a camera manually in the settings, Xeoma will remind you of that showing this warning in camera’s preview box;
- Object Detector: simplified tracking counter for moving objects (instead of long numbers like before);
- Fixed stuttering of sound in “Another Xeoma” and Multi-server mode;
- Fixed issue in “Save to File” of path not getting changed automatically when the type of stored files is changed;
- Fixed issue with motion not being correctly detected on D-Link cameras;
- Fixed freezing of client on Ubuntu during fast switching between Single camera and Multi-cameras modes.
- Free edition enhanced: up to 8 cameras (instead of previously available 2) can be used in the edition now! Switch to the Free edition via Main menu -> Information;
- Archive: added automatic re-indexing after archive path is changed. Old recordings will be available in the Archive viewer automatically;
- Enhanced full screen mode of viewing several archive at one time: lower panel is not shown then so you can enjoy truly full screen viewing;
- Enhanced Problems Detector: if a problem appears and is resolved (or in reverse) only the last message of the two is shown;
- Fixed Email Sending issue with sending emails even if a filter module is not in the “Skipping” mode;
- Fixed issue with server start after program is updated (Linux).
- Further modifications of the Free edition conditions: now it doesn’t offer features you wouldn’t need in a simple 2-cameras-installation to make it easier to use. Full list of new Free edition’s features;
- Enhanced pre-record: now you can set it to up to 10 minutes. This will come in handy if you need to have recordings for some time in advance before the motion event started;
- Pre-record setting moved to the corresponding module’s settings (Preview and Archive, Save to File) so now you can set different pre-record time, for example, for Email Sending, Archive and Save to File connected to the same Motion Detector;
- Email Sending: letters now show what camera they come from;
- Fixed installation false error message that client cannot connect to the server;
- Fixed Motion Detector’s current sensitivity level issue.
- Restricted use of several modules in the Free edition: only modules of Lite version are allowed;
- Enhanced “Problems Detector”: eliminated false alarms caused by camera’s Date and Time overlay;
- Fixed the FTP upload and PTZ on Mac OS issues;
- Fixed the “Problems Detector” issue with sending notifications about the start of a problem;
- Fixed the issue with deleting the “Preview and Preview” module;
- Fixed crash when adding camera in Xeoma Cloud.
12 November 2015: New beta version Xeoma 15.11.12:
- Added color distinction for cameras in the multiple archives view mode. Every camera’s timeline is now of the same special color as its preview box frame;
- Enhanced work with cameras: when new cameras are added, lower resolution URL is set for ‘old’ cameras. It helps reduce processor load;
- Enhanced security: passwords are replaced with asterisks for more password boxes;
- Improved installation of new versions of Xeoma;
- Fixed the scrolling crash in the filters settings.
- PRO: Added the “Face Detector” module that can detect human faces in the cameras’ field of view;
- Added the “Object Detector” module that can follow objects, even if they aren’t moving;
- Improved usability: after activation of the first license, video retention time is set to 2 weeks instead of trial edition’s 1 hour;
- Improved usability: fixed the “Wrong URL” red warning;
- Improved usability: added warning on main screen if Xeoma isn’t installed;
- Fixed the XAUTHORITY client launch bug on Debian;
- Fixed bug where the waiting wheel appeared after selecting “Add all cameras below” in the “+” menu;
- Fixed the init system recognition installation bug (Ubuntu, Debian).
- eMap: added support for PNG and BMP formats of maps (in addition to the already supported JPG);
- Improved visualization of which archive is now being played alongside cameras live previews;
- Improved interface: now you can see options and modules available in other Xeoma editions;
- Improved usability: once activated, automated update of the server is turned off;
- Fixed installation issues (‘Run as superuser failed’ error on Raspbian and Debian);
- Fixed bug of when Xeoma offered to repeat search for cameras although cameras were actually found.
- PRO: added Privacy Masking module that allows to dynamically blur areas in view of camera that you are not allowed to record;
- Improved work of FTP Upload module with several cameras (Falcon Eye, Tenvis).
- PRO: added e-Map to place cameras on a map of the location and keep track of them (see it in Layouts menu);
- PRO: added simultaneous view of multiple archives;
- PRO: added view of a camera’s archive right on the Multi Cameras View Screen (main screen where all cameras are shown);
- PRO: added LDAP (user active directory) synchronization for more efficient system administration – one password for all services;
- Security enhanced: passwords are now masked with asterisks;
- Added quick selection of previously input server addresses in the Connection Dialog;
- Repeater: added console command to activate and turn Repeater on;
- Repeater: usability and tooltips enhanced;
- Added option for 40 days retention period in the archive viewer;
- Improved digital zoom: reset zoom to default when you exit the zoom mode;
- Improved re-indexing in the archive viewer as it now launches re-indexing of all cameras at once;
- Improved work with cameras, Problems Detector, and usability of the Installation Dialog;
- Fixed the black screen bug for Win XP.
19 October 2015: Update for Xeoma iOS client (v.1.4) is released and already available from the App Store!
- Layouts: added new grids with bigger camera slots to place most important to, and possibility to place cameras there automatically when their motion detectors are triggered;
- Layouts: added possibility to have a custom number of cameras in tabs;
- Xeoma Lite: added customization possibility;
- Xeoma Cloud: added support for MJPEG cameras that stream over RTSP;
- Usability improved in Universal camera, Problem Detector, Web Server, activation dialog, user profiles;
- Web server: fixed issues with customization and MJPEG link;
- Xeoma Lite: fixed the issue with loss of settings after additional licenses are activated;
- Fixed crashes on Android (when paste/copy menu appears or when the Sound Alarm module is used);
- Fixed Fisheye Dewarping module for RTSP cameras;
- Fixed multiserver issues when specified is wrong password.
- Universal Camera: added additional information to camera’s settings. Now you can see camera’s resolution, fps, bit rate and tips for optimization;
- Android: edited information about parameters;
- Archive: solved the issue with sound.
- Added support of Falcon Eye cameras;
- Solved offline activation issue;
- IP cameras diagnostic is improved. Now you will be notified if some parameters have been set wrongly.
- Motion Detector: solved the issue with false triggering when the module’s connected after Scheduler.
- Added support for Linuxes based on ARM processor (e.g. Raspberry Pi);
- ANPR: solved the issue arising from unticking “Recognize only changed areas”;
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: fixed the issue with Motion Detector’s sensitivity;
- Universal Camera: solved the issue with auto searching camera by IP address;
- Added possibility to inform you about camera’s bitrate in camera information and in Universal Camera’s settings. You can be offered to lower bitrate if it’s too big;
- Now you can choose lower resolution when load is too high in case you use in-built Android camera or USB camera.
Xeoma for Linuxes based on ARM processor (e.g. Raspberry Pi) is released!
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud configs: added parameter that enables/disables CSV-reports saving;
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: customized version of Xeoma now creates file with its customized name;
- Users: options of cameras permissions can be ticked/unticked separately now;
- Web Server: fixed the issues with image refreshing;
- Web Server: fixed the issue with switching to a single camera view;
- Added possibilty to scan for cameras manually even if Xeoma was launched with the key -noscan;
- Fixed the issue with ffserver when it’s not fully downloaded;
- Fixed the issue with sound after rebooting camera in its web interface.
- User access rights: added saving of user’s cameras order;
- Enhanced Problems Detector: now it passes camera image on to following modules instead of blocking it;
- Visitor counter: all modules of this type now save reports into one united csv report;
- ANPR: fixed detection types;
- ANPR: changed default detection type to “Detect any cars”;
- Fixed the issue with overlaying text in customized Xeoma;
- Fixed transparency in Multiserver mode;
- Fixed the AAC codec sound crash;
- Fixed the issue with updates;
- Fixed automatic adding of the built-in camera on Android during the search by IP/password.
1 August 2015: Update for Xeoma iOS client (v.1.1) is released and already available from the App Store!
- Problems Detector: the name of camera from the module “Preview and Archive” is added to log;
- Improved work of multiserver mode;
- The “Sending Email” module works even better now;
- Improved work of the “Archive” module.
- Added automatic update of the server part;
- Added automatic notification about available new beta versions;
- Problems Detector: archive’s timescale now marks intervals when there was no recording because of camera issues (camera “freezes”, etc.);
- Universal Camera: improved sorting of found URLs, added information about hardware acceleration, edited settings dialog;
- Archive: improved work with undeletable intervals;
- Archive: search by motion and visualization of motion are now also available in the regular Xeoma (trial and commercial);
- Xeoma Pro: improved displaying of recognized license plate;
- Improvements in the “Sending Email” module’s work;
- Improved algorythm of motion detection;
- Eliminated the problem of Xeoma installation and using mouse scroll on Linux;
- Eliminated the problem with FPS changing slider bar.
The long-waited-for Xeoma iOS client is already available in App Store!
- Improved conditions for Xeoma Pro licenses: unlimited counts of PRO modules can be connected to 1 camera;
- Xeoma Pro: added history of detected license plates (license plates log);
- Xeoma Pro: improved PTZ control in browsers;
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: enhanced option to disable some export formats (enabled options without re-encoding);
- Layouts: added option to disable motion track visualization;
- Added generable csv reports into the Visitor Counter and ANPR modules;
- Added block of switching to the free edition of Xeoma via remote connection;
- Enhanced work with archives and export;
- Fixed the Microphone module in Xeoma for Android;
- Work with cameras: added Spyg Optima camera, enhanced sorting of found URL;
- Fixed sending of empty or redundant messages in Email Sending;
- Unitor: added a new scaling option;
- Eliminated image refresh problems in Mozilla web browser.
- Customization tool: possibility to create and use a server list file;
- Customization tool: option to disable hiding lower panel;
- Customization tool: option to disable all elements in the Help window that don’t work without Internet connection.
- Released new product Xeoma Lite;
- Xeoma Pro: Added new module “License plate recognition” (for Russian license plates);
- Xeoma Pro: Added new module “RTSP Broadcasting”;
- Xeoma Pro: Added new module “Button Switcher” and pair button on the lower panel;
- Xeoma Pro: Added automatic update of client parts;
- Xeoma Pro: Added search by motion option to the archive viewer;
- Xeoma Pro: Added PTZ control of cameras via browsers;
- Xeoma Pro: Added sound alarm on clients as well;
- Xeoma Pro: Added possibility to mark a piece of an archive as undeletable;
- Xeoma Pro: Visualization of motion in the archive viewer;
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added sample script for automatic subscriptions control;
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added option to only connect those clients that have a certain key;
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added option to make some modules’ settings Read-only;
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added option to make some modules undeletable;
- Xeoma Pro Your Cloud: added the “Save to File” module;
- Xeoma Cloud: added possibility to view remaining days of a subscription;
- H.264 decoding accelerated significantly for up-to-date Intel-processors (Windows);
- Added possibility to install Xeoma to a directory of choice;
- Added support for work through proxy (set up in command line);
- Problems Detector: added check of network resources (for example, modem);
- Problems Detector: added longer intervals of checking;
- Added new module “Visitors Counter”;
- User profiles: added possibility to restrict deletion of archives;
- User profiles: added possibility to change camera order;
- Sending Email: added new macros;
- Installation: added creation of just Xeoma Client shortcut;
- Xeoma for Android: added launch of just client part by default;
- Motion Detector: eliminated delay in updating live image due to pre-record;
- Added IP address of the server to the window title;
- Added possibility to view information on licenses in use (Main menu -> Information -> Active licenses);
- Added possibility to view server’s current time;
- Marking: added bigger sizes;
- Added more pre-record values;
- Added possibility to save screenshot only onto the client side;
- Improved work with cameras (remastered the ‘Available cameras’ list, and enhanced processing of entered data);
- Enhanced export: added “Browse” button, and automatic addition of camera’s name, date and time to the name of the file;
- Customization utility: added address lines, enhanced order of commands;
- Fixed issues with files becoming available only after the next file starts being recorded;
- Fixed crashes under Windows;
- Fixed CPU load spikes;
- Fixed re-connection issues;
- Fixed work in minimized state.
- Added “Problems Detector” module;
- Added digital zoom;
- Added “PTZ Tracking” module to follow moving objects automatically;
- Added Fisheye camera dewarping module;
- Added support of H.265 cameras;
- Added possibility of saving video in WEBM (VP8 and VP9) format;
- Added “Relay Switch” module;
- Added “HTTP receiver” and “HTTP upload to other Xeoma” modules;
- Added enhanced settings for USB cameras (for Windows and Linux);
- Motion detector: selectable detection method (comparison of adjacent frames or comparison to the accumulated background);
- Added “Always on top” mode;
- Added transparency mode;
- Popup window module: added push notifications for Android;
- Added possibility of changing text font in preview;
- The terms of using Xeoma’s trial version have been changed;
- Added the Japanese localization.
- Fixed bug with camera stream hanging on some configurations (appeared only in 15.1.16 version under Linux)
- Archive player: added search for motion;
- Added visualization of movement (motion tracking);
- Added possibility to build more complicated schemes (connect several filters to the input pin of a following module);
- Added Device List: easy management of cameras and groups;
- Archive player: added deletion of selected intervals;
- Archive player: convenient fast jump to the end of the archive;
- Added screenshot button (can be reduced to an option in the menu) for instant stills;
- Added new “Image Rotate” filter module;
- Users: added new levels of rights;
- Enhanced interactive tips;
- Added the Croatian localization.
- Added possibility to move a license to another equipment;
- Added saving clients’ settings to different files;
- Added “Sound detector”, it will filter out image if the sound threshold is not exceeded;
- Added option to restrict/allow export for users;
- Archive: playback of H264 recordings made significantly faster.
22 September 2014: Xeoma 14.9.22:
- Added the “No motion detection” option;
- Added the new ”HTTP marking” filter and search by its tags in the archive;
- Added sound in Xeoma’s main window;
- Added SD card synchronization for VIVOTEK cameras;
- Added more group settings;
- Rebranding utility: customized versions can now be run also in the trial edition;
- Xeoma Pro: you can now hide modules, ready schemes, or restrict adding and deleting cameras;
- Archive: motion events on the timescale are now precise to the seconds;
- Added possibility to export an extract without re-encoding;
- Enhanced work of Xeoma Repeater and email sending module (attached pictures) when Internet speed is slow;
- Added camera’s IP address macro;
- Enhanced work of the Android app, the “Marking” module, sound quality, PTZ and various usability improvements;
- Added Belorussian and Slovenian localizations.
- Added new smart search for cameras;
- Added possibility to extend updates period with 50% discount;
- Added Catalan localization.
- Universal camera module: added possibility to choose sound quality;
- Added support for more PTZ cameras;
- Enhanced work of Save to file, FTP upload and Email sending modules, and export from the archive.
4 June 2014: Xeoma 14.6.4:
- Added ONVIF detection of PTZ cameras;
- Enhanced work with archive.
- Added new HTTP request sender module;
- Added new HTTP switcher module;
- Added browser view of archives;
- Added new customization options to the rebranding utility;
- Added ability to change layouts via configuration file.
- Improved the Cloud mode interface;
- Improved audio playback quality on Windows and Linux;
- Improved compatibility with the D-Link DCS-3010 camera.
18 February 2014: Xeoma 14.2.18:
- Xeoma Pro Cloud: added possibility to set up cameras and module chains in subscribers’ settings files;
- Customization utility: added possibility to make a customized “Client-only” version of Xeoma to connect to a certain server by default;
- Added full support for updates of the Android version via its interface;
- Added password protection of the fullscreen mode.
- Added support for MJPEG streamed through RTSP protocol;
- Xeoma Cloud: possibility to restrict user(s) to use RTSP streaming and conversion of archives;
- Added password protection of Main menu and Layout menu of Xeoma IP camera software;
- Added support for Zavio MJPEG cameras;
- Added NV12 codec for USB cameras (Windows).
20 January 2014: Xeoma 14.1.20:
- Added full support for CentOS (including autostart);
- Xeoma for Android: added support for special symbols keyboard;
- Marking module: added option to display GPS coordinates and speed (Windows, Linux);
- Added possibility to choose a video input of a TV tuner (Windows).
27 December 2013: Xeoma 13.12.27:
- Added new FTP receiver module;
- Added archive export in MJPEG without re-encoding;
- Xeoma Cloud: users can now add users and change passwords;
- Added Czech localization.
22 November 2013: Xeoma 13.11.22:
- Archive improvements: added proportional removing of all archives once the space limit is reached;
- Added Serbian and Greek localizations;
- Other minor improvements.
25 October 2013: Xeoma 13.10.25:
- Xeoma Professional: Xeoma Pro Cloud added to create your own cloud video surveillance service;
- Archive improvements: you can now choose from which point you’d like to open and view it (the beginning, the last position, last 5 minutes) plus you are now able to export archive footage made in H264 format;
- New customization options: SMS settings, camera settings (USB/IP cameras prohibition);
- Camera stream information display (codec, fps, bitrate);
- Chinese and French localizations.
27 September 2013: Xeoma 13.9.30:
- Archive interface remastered, new features added: motion events visualization on timeline, possibility to select date and time, playback speed, or timeline scale, or jump to the next/previous detected motion;
- Layouts: added possibility to group cameras and view a certain group;
- Layouts: added new layouts (2х1, 3х2);
- Web server: added possibility to customize html pages;
- Added auto switching to a higher quality stream in single camera view mode;
- Install menu: added possibility to run user commands for server autostart (to mount NASs, etc.);
- Group settings: added possibility to select/unselect all modules;
- User rights: added possibility to allow/restrict access to archives;
- Implemented clipboard (copy/paste) for Mac OS.
3 September 2013: Xeoma 13.9.3:
- Enhanced automated camera search;
- Finnish localization is added;
- User’s cameras order saving is added (can be changed by an administrator only).
12 August 2013: Xeoma 13.8.12:
- Enhanced camera search: now it is possible to add multiple cameras by simply specifying their URLs;
- For Windows users: No limitations in quantity of archives;
- Exit Detailed settings by pressing Esc button;
- Improved Preview mode: new cameras now added horizontally;
- Improved Preview mode: ability to change the order of preview images (drag and drop);
- Elaborated user rights access: option added to restrict multiple access from 1 user profile.
26 July 2013: Xeoma 13.7.26:
- Enhanced work with MJPEG/JPEG IP cameras;
- Improved stability and crash protection (settings saving);
- Enhanced Xeoma IP camera software Android app (Android 2.3 support, more responsive sensor);
- Improved direct recording of h264 stream into archive (and its further playback);
- Perfected operation with a grand number of schemes (up to several thousands of cameras per 1 PC).
4 July 2013: Xeoma 13.7.4:
- Enabled client-server connection when their versions differ;
- Added forced fps change for client (applied only to preview);
- Enhanced work with H264 cameras: storing to the archive without re-encoding;
- Motion detector: memory load reduced for pre-recording option;
- Disabled autosearch if there are already cameras added;
- Added Image Resize filter module.
31 May 2013: Xeoma 13.5.31:
- Email, Save to File, FTP upload, Archive export: added MP4 format of video;
- Free updates period extended for 6 more months (total: 1 year);
- Group settings: added more options;
- Enhanced work with multiple H264 cameras;
- Preview and Archive: added “HDD space left” option.
17 May 2013: Xeoma 13.5.17:
- Added support for Ubuntu 13.04;
- Added selectable http port for PTZ cameras;
- Added more IP cameras.
30 April 2013: Xeoma 13.4.30:
- Added group settings for modules;
- Licensing policy revised: only video sources require licenses, Microphones can be used for free;
- Added Italian localization.
19 April 2013: Xeoma 13.4.19:
- Added Unitor module;
- Sms sending: added bulksms.com service;
- Enhanced work with rtsp cameras;
- Added Fullscreen Mode for Windows;
- Added PTZ inversion (image flip).
5 April 2013: Xeoma 13.4.5:
- Added possibility to specify user permissions;
- Added easy updates straight from the program (Mac OS);
- Added support for audio in more IP cameras;
- Enhanced web server flash broadcasting.
22 March 2013: Xeoma 13.3.22:
- Added easy updates straight from the Xeoma IP camera software (Windows, Linux);
- Added free rebranding utility for resellers and integrators;
- Modified left panel in Quick Settings window.
7 March 2013: Xeoma 13.3.7:
- Remastered Quick Settings’ Left Panel for prompt control of modules (adding, removing);
- Web server: lowered down CPU load when working with USB cams;
- Added Hungarian localization.
22 February 2013: Xeoma 13.2.25:
- Added support for more IP and PTZ cameras;
- Enhanced ONVIF search;
- Reduced CPU load for some cameras by means of prioritizing MJPEG streams over H.264;
- Email attachments: options to set up duration of video attachments and time between images captures.
8 February 2013: Xeoma 13.2.8:
- Added multi-server connection;
- Added Brazilian Portuguese localization.
25 January 2013: Xeoma 13.1.25:
- Added sound volume control in preview;
- Added support for more IP cameras;
- Added Turkish localization.
11 January 2013: Xeoma 13.1.11:
- Save to File module: added interval between videos saving, minimal length of records is now 3 seconds;
- Improved export feature in Archive built-in viewer;
- Increased speed of archive when many cameras are being recorded.
21 December 2012: Xeoma 12.12.21:
- Added support for sound from more cameras;
- Added support for more PTZ cameras;
- Added support for Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 camera;
- Added possibility to quickly add multiple cameras by IP addresses.
7 December 2012: Xeoma 12.12.7:
- Improved search for password-protected ONVIF cameras;
- Added support for PTZ cameras by Foscam;
- Added Romanian and Polish localizations;
- Enhanced usability.
23 November 2012: Xeoma 12.11.23:
- Web server: broadcasting and view of video with sound;
- Enhanced text message (SMS) sending module: added new options.
9 November 2012: Xeoma 12.11.9:
- Added text message (SMS) module;
- Enhanced usability.
26 October 2012: Xeoma 12.10.26:
- Web server: view of all cameras in a single web browser window;
- Marking: added possibility to enter custom text;
- Added option to scan the network for cameras with use of password and login;
- Simplified manual setup for cameras;
- Added language switcher;
- Added Ukrainian localization.
12 October 2012: Xeoma 12.10.12:
- Archive built-in viewer: added export of any extract in chosen format;
- Email notification: added possibility to specify multiple addresses;
- Saving to File: added possibility to specify max time of storage (cyclic recording);
- Enhanced work in Linux console;
- Added support for more IP cameras in Xeoma IP camera software;
- Simplified uninstall;
- Added redirect from preview to archive when clicking on time of last detected motion;
28 September 2012: Xeoma 12.9.28:
- Added Marking module;
- Added visual motion detection – frame color changes at motion detection and time of last detected movement;
- Added possibility to send video in H.264 to FTP and email;
- Enhanced scheduler: round the clock work on weekends;
- Added saving of settings when upgrading to the commercial version;
- Added possibility to specify application without its path in application runner module;
- Added support for more IP cameras.
14 September 2012: Xeoma 12.9.14:
- Added Xeoma Cloud service;
- Added possibility to save video to file in H.264;
- Added possibility to reactivate Repeater subscription on same device after re-installation.
31 August 2012: Xeoma 12.8.31:
- Accelerated processing of JPEG pictures, thus lower traffic use on client part of Xeoma IP camera software;
- Added support for ONVIF cams;
- Improved interface;
- Added possibility to save video to file in MPEG-4;
- Added “Help” section.
17 August 2012: Xeoma 12.8.17:
- Added automatic scrolling of images from cameras;
- Added possibility to duplicate chains;
- Enhanced scheduler (night/day shift);
- Improved usability for many cameras in a relatively small window.
4 August 2012: Xeoma 12.8.4:
- Changed licensing policy;
- Added possibility to take screen captures from all monitors simultaneously.
20 July 2012: Xeoma 12.7.20:
- Added full control of PTZ cams;
- Added Danish and Spanish localizations.
13 July 2012: Xeoma 12.7.13:
- Design completely remastered.
22 June 2012: Xeoma 12.6.22:
- Enhanced motion detector: added opportunity to set the minimal size of object;
- Added password-protected access to the settings;
- Added opportunity to specify cameras’ names;
- Added full support for sound in Mac OS X (recording&playback);
- Enhanced search for network IP cameras with default password;
- Added Dutch localization.
9 June 2012: Xeoma 12.6.9:
- Added support for IP cameras that transmit data using the RTSP protocol in H.264 and MPEG4 (support for playback of video and audio) with the help of additional free component;
- Archive: added option to specify the folder to store the archives for certain modules;
- Added information about the modules, shown at the click on the icon in module settings.
29 May 2012: Xeoma 12.5.29:
- Added Pop-up Window module;
- Added full support for USB cams on Mac OS X;
- Reduced network load when minimized.
11 May 2012: Xeoma 12.5.11:
- Added Mac OS X support (both 32- and 64-bit).
28 Apr 2012: Xeoma 12.4.28:
- Added Screenshot capturing module;
- Added upload to FTP server module.
13 Apr 2012: Xeoma 12.4.13:
- Added Repeater service to connect to Xeoma IP Camera Software even if your computer is not accessible from Internet (inside firewall, mobile network, etc. where real IP address is not available).
30 Mar 2012: Xeoma 12.3.30:
- Motion detector: prerecording option;
- Motion detector: postrecording option;
- Motion detector: start delay;
- Added ready-to-use schemes:
– motion-triggered recording and sound alarm;
– motion-triggered recording and email;
– motion-triggered network transmission;
– motion-triggered and scheduled recording;
– network transmission.
16 Mar 2012: Xeoma 12.3.16:
- Added Scheduler module to define when modules, connected to it, are to start or end work.
2 Mar 2012: Xeoma 12.3.2:
- Added sound alarm module;
- Added module for saving JPEG images and MJPEG videos to the user-specified path;
- Added e-mail sending module (with attached JPEG images and MJPEG videos);
- Added module for running a specified program that will receive the path to the current image;
- Added module source for JPEG image displaying (updates with file changes) or cyclic playback of an MJPEG video file that was recorded with Xeoma IP Camera Software for any wired and wireless security camera;
- Preview and archive module has been upgraded. Now you can also specify maximum size of archive (old recordings will be deleted if it is exceeded). Added settings to define size and compression rate of images stored to archive;
- Xeoma now supports OpenSUSE and Mint Linux distributions.
17 Feb 2012: Xeoma 12.2.17:
- Added possibility to install Xeoma on Linux without a graphical shell;
- Added localization of Xeoma into the German language.
06 Feb 2012: Xeoma 12.2.6:
- Added possibility to connect multiple computers with Xeoma video surveillance software for any wired or wifi security camera into one or multiple central servers to receive video and audio – to access remote cameras and microphones;
- Added view of remote camera pictures directly in any internet browser as jpeg images or mjpeg video in real time as from ordinary IP cameras.
23 Jan 2012: Xeoma 12.1.23:
- Motion detector: setting up zones of motion detection of any shape or size;
- Motion detector: adjustable detector’s sensibility level.
31 Dec 2011: Xeoma 11.12.30:
- Added support for Linux/Ubuntu free operation system of latest versions (9, 10, 11), both 64-bit and 32-bit versions with XWindows.
16 Dec 2011: FelenaSoft company released new free IP camera software Xeoma for any wired or wireless security camera with unique interface and flexible settings.
The application supports analog, web (USB) and IP cameras, has built-in archive and player, motion and day detectors.
The commercial mode with extended functionality is also available.