[Mac OS] Why do I keep getting the system prompt for incoming connections?
If you’re getting this persistant message whether you want to accept incoming connections for Xeoma on your Mac, please add Xeoma to the list of authorized tools in Secury & Privacy:
If it doesn’t help, uncheck the box Automatically allow downloaded signed software to receive incoming connections to see if it helps.
If the problem persists, try the following:
1) stop Xeoma via Terminal: sudo path_to_xeoma -stopservice (if you are not using version 18.11.21: sudo path_to_xeoma -install -removeexe)
2) remove Xeoma from the firewall’s list
3) locate and delete the file XeomaCoreService.plist (should be under /Library/LaunchDaemons/)
4) launch Xeoma via Terminal: sudo path_to_xeoma -install -coreauto (a new .plist will be created)
5) add Xeoma to the firewall’s list again
Finally, if all else fails – you may want to disable the firewall entirely to avoid getting that prompt. MacOS’ recent updates did a lot to tighten the security, but unfortunately, not all of them are reasonable.
Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance regarding Xeoma!